mixing gouramis

Jesse

I have a 90 gallon tank with some plants and kardinal tetras and neon tetras among them I have 3 powder blue gouramis and they are magnificient when the light catches them just right, now I have heard of some other types of gouramis and am curious as to whether they have the same sheen to them as well as some other fish that really stand out in the water that are safe to put in with them.

Many of the rainbows, specifically Melanotaenia sp. and Glossolepis sp., cichlids of all sizes, but appropriately, the dwarf cichlids of South America and West Africa, other gouramis would include all the Colisa lalia variaties and Trichosis sp., most killies and many many tetras. These are all relatively common small freshwater fish groups with pretty, reflective scales. Just keep compatibilty in mind when choosing and be careful when asking staff at petstores what is compatible, make sure the person you are asking knows what they are talking about.