THAnks to Bill Bishop

finaddict

HUGE thanks to Bill Bishopp! Awesome selection of fish and informative presentation! glad it was a wonderful turnout last night!

haha...some escaped you?? No way! I got two pairs of those little Lacustricola Maculatus Red (?) I was too lazy to set up the tank last night for them so they went into floating breeder traps.

HUGE thanks to Bill Bishopp! Awesome selection of fish and informative presentation! glad it was a wonderful turnout last night!

haha...some escaped you?? No way! I got two pairs of those little Lacustricola Maculatus Red (?) I was too lazy to set up the tank last night for them so they went into floating breeder traps.

I wanted some soooo bad, but i just don't have the tank space for them at the moment... ill buy fry from whoever breeds them lol

Yes, a good meeting and found it quite informative. The selection of rare fish he brought was great and the prices super reasonable. Got some more "nezzies". Was nice to see some new faces and hope to see you all again!!!

I got two pairs of those little Lacustricola Maculatus Red (?) I was too lazy to set up the tank last night for them so they went into floating breeder traps.

I only got one pair of those. I was up till 1 a.m. getting everyone settled in to temporary homes. The red tail goodeids went with a little fishie that better be fast! boxed.gif

Nothobranchius Korthasae - Rungunu TAN 02-11 : 3 pairs!

N. Kafuensis Kayuni ZAM 07-1 : 2 pairs!

Xenotoca eiseni : pair

Lacustricola Maculatus Red Kongowe TAN 03--28 : pair

Lacustricola Katangae, Kayasa river ZAM 07-11 : pair

kryptolebias marmoratus, Dagriga (Stann creek) Belize (this is the hermaphrodite) - bought 2 of them, even though I only needed one! haha! http://www.biol.vt.edu/faculty/turner/rivmar/

ok, so a total of 18 fish, 6 different species

Yah, as to how late I was up in fairness, when I got home I chatted with my wife for a bit before she called it a night, talked to one of my daughters, then poured myself a Rum and coke (Appletons of course for work of this nature! haha!), then mapped out where everyone would go for the night. I've learned from past mistakes to take my time in putting this many fish away. right from conditioning them to the water, to writing their name and info (I use permanent marker, then just scrub it off when I move them) on the front of the tank, to ensure I don't get them mixed up later. This isn't the first time I have bought a lot of fish that I wasn't overly familiar with, or didn't have a lot of knowledge about, but I go in to an auction with a general 'type' of fish that I am looking for and open to what species that might be.

My current targets are

Killies - preference to annuals, but room for a few non annual species if they are interesting, well priced, healthy and I like them. (hmm. I don't think I've met a killie I didn't like yet though?). All of Bill Bishops fish are so healthy it just amazes me. Saskatoon is very lucky to have someone of that calibre. I think he should move to Calgary! haha!

Catfish - Corys for the main part. I have enough 'sucker mouth' species to work with right now between the Nicuaragaun (sp?) BNs that I bought as babies and the group of L204s I am working on. All the other cats are 1-2 years from now projects., although I do get tempted when I see the synodontis species around.

Apistogrammas - although I might expand that out to 'dwarf cichids' as a whole in the next 6 months.

The only other fish that I will breed for the next while will be target fish on the Merit award for CAOAC. There are a few groups of fish that never really interested me (anabantoids, tetras) that you need a certain amount of. I can substitute out some, but I really should become proficient in spawning them to feel truly deserving of the merit award... Then there's the senior merit award - that is more like a 5+ year project unless I triple the number of tanks I am running. haha!

Sometimes unusual or interesting fish just find their way in to my tanks too though. That is how I ended up spawning rhinogobius wui. It showed up. I bought a bunch and spawned them. They were cute. If I saw them again I'd probably try to find a spot for them. I liked them a lot.