So? What did everyone get at the auction?

Just curious as to what everyone got.

For me I only got 2 plants:

Limnophila aquatica

Echinodorus "vesuvius" - Spiral Swords (fishclubgirl you sure this is a sword plant? It looked awfully like a spiral val to me and as of today I still have a grudge against them angry.gif)

Also really wanted the Riccia in the cute little containers but 20 bucks is way to expensive for them, if the seller has anymore to spare please let me know :)

From harold I got 12 Corydoas punctatus and they are in my 33 Gallon tank now, and from the auction I got 3 Koi Angels which are also in the same 33 as the cories, and an unknown mbuna Hybrid and dozens of fry lol.

Also had to spend money on a 200W heater I really needed >.>

I tried to bid on some of the tiger and double dark angels but the price went extremely high, and same with the couple of lyretail swordtail that went for I think 50 bucks?

Ya! I bought those $50 lyrtail swords...That was the only thing there I was determined to go home with. So I was prepared to pay...too bad another lady wanted them as much as I did! LOL. I bought the other bag of lyrtails also, only $13 that time... :rolleyes:

In general all my other purchases were really good deals. Blue angles, pure endlers, cherry shimp, and a bunch of Jack Dempsays my silly husband couldn't resist buying for a buck.

In general did people find that things went cheap cheap this fall? This is only my second auction and was curious as to how this auction matched up the to norm.

What swords??? I didn't remember any sword that went for 50 bucks!

I think the prices were ok I mean the Cherry shrimps were a really good deal and a lot of the tanks went for like 50 bucks!

Since they changed the rules to members only there was less stuff then normal. Dave told me there is usually 800 lots and this time it was only like 450...

Does anyone know for sure if there will be a fish show at the next auction??? I hope there is because I'll get to volunteer for both days 04.gif

well i drove down from Edmonton and i think i almost spent more on hotdogs and pop then i did on fish lol...

I bought 3 lamprologus sexfaciatus, a sunshine peacock pair but i dont think the male is gonna make it the trip was a little too much for him, a really big and fat bumblebee catfish, 2 corydoras, and an "unknown" the bag said he was a Geophagus but if it is then i have never seen one like him before has a green top and a pink underside/tail so not really sure.... i think i spent like 80$ on everything including food so it was a very CHEAP trip for me Ken kept outbidding me on the things i wanted but i didnt want them that bad lol

Edited by Urban_Cowboy

AvianAquatics, there was a bag of either 4 or 6 juvenile lyretail swordtails that guzoo bought for $50, cant blame her though as they were pretty amazing.

And I noticed that there werent as much people or stuff there this year, but this is only my 2nd auction.

Really wish I had a car or at least a ride because I would have bought a couple of those tanks lol

I wonder if they will change the rules cuz of the decline in items?

Echinodorus "vesuvius" - Spiral Swords (fishclubgirl you sure this is a sword plant? It looked awfully like a spiral val to me and as of today I still have a grudge against them)

If you don't want them, I'll trade you for some riccia- cute container included. :)

Since they changed the rules to members only there was less stuff then normal. Dave told me there is usually 800 lots and this time it was only like 450...

Dave's full of baloney- never believe anything he says!!! :rolleyes: We always cap the auction at 500 lots and usually end up with around 450. Our aim is to have the auction over by 5:00. One seller was unable to make it, or there would have been a few more lots. In actuality, only 4 items were turned away due to the rules change.

While there was no decline in the number of items, there were fewer people there. The general consensus (that I heard) was that prices were lower. Of course, there were a few things that went high!

I thought the auction was one of the best Calgary has had in a couple of years. The variety was great. Lots of unusal fish and plants. The turnout was lower which resulted in lower prices but that's how it goes. I was very pleased with what I brought home and I was outbid on many items.

Those red lyretail swords were absolutely amazing...talked to Peter about 'em and I want some! lol But not for $50. Didn't have the stamina to stay otherwise i'd have attempted to outbid you on them quzookeeper! haha. I did "win" a refractometer, but the joke was on me, 'cause it doesn't work. There goes $20. This is the only auction where I didn't come home with fish.

Prices were fairly cheap, but some were crazy high, so I guess on average it was ok. Those 72 gallons were DIRT CHEAP! at like $25 & $35 each! OMG...a newbies dream for all those tanks to go so cheap! 55 gallon with canopy/lights and stand for $30?! wow. I think last years auction was a bit better, more people, more lots, more fish I really wanted. Still can't wait for Spring auction though ;)

hI ALL,

i bought all fish.......15 bags .... 7 were for friends and huge knife fish that will enjoy 230g tank.

kept missing fish cause i was run off my feet did not even get a lunch break... i was exhuasted.. being a runner....

Yes i have been to over 12 cas auctions and this one had the lowest prices and turn out i have ever seen..

A buyers paradise!!!

like 3 black cories for $15 10g tank/ canopy for $3

not much drift wood or canister filters either

Lol werner I'll trade you but it has to be THE riccia at the auction... once the swords produce more shots. Being a runner is totally exhausting I agree. Had 8hours of sleep that night and still can't keep my eyes awake the next day... but definitely looking for wardto the next auction! The free food alone is lure enough shifty.gif

guzookeeper mind posting some pics of the sword? The bag of 50 dollar fish?? Certainly sounds interesting I want to see how they look like 04.gif

Edited by AvianAquatics

guzookeeper mind posting some pics of the sword? The bag of 50 dollar fish?? Certainly sounds interesting I want to see how they look like 04.gif

I wasn't the one who bought that lovely adult male. But I did buy 8 babies, too young to show their finage. But I'll post some photos today.