So? What did everyone get at the auction?

Finaddict, look after that knife fish. I didn't really want to part with him but I needed the room. Glad to hear he is living in a 200+ gallon tank. He'll probably get bigger yet. :)

Looking forward to it!

I think the male went for 22 dollars?? He was so cute and I would've totally bought him if I had the space. There was one like him donated at the last auction if I remember correctly

Yep you definitely should :D

I'll contact you again once I have more of Ann's sword growing

Edited by AvianAquatics

As promised, photos of my new $50 baby lyrtail swords.

And two photos of an adult that I have.

Yah Hi Folks, I bought the 10 gallon with (wire) canopy for 3 bucks !! Gift to a newbie it is.

Got a bag of 3 Scarlet cribs for 12 bucks and a bag of Jacks for a buck, bargain but one guy was already dead when we got home.

As for the auction, we are new to Calgary, so it was a pleasant outing. Auctions are sometimes loss leaders, but they certainly bring people together, especially new ones. Keep it up.

Prices of tanks were going for very little (see above) - wish I had waited for the auction before buying 8 tanks and setups off kijiji over the last few months.

Cheers to everyone.

Wow they are VERY nice and hope you get plenty of babies soon! But I think there was like 3 or 4 bags of the same swords too? I was a runner and remember seeing a few bags of them well.gif

And can't wait for spring auction already :D

I'll let my friends know so we can all schedule to go again and does anyone know if there will be a fish show as well this time?

Edited by AvianAquatics