Some of my photos

jzz30tt

Thanks, the waterfall was shot at about 1 second exposure. I actually don't have any neutral density filters yet which would have made the shots from that day much better, that was shot at -5 stops exposure and F/22 to try to cut down on the light. It was a terrible day for photography as the light was direct and very bright. I will go back some day when it's better lighted. The only adjustments were decreasing exposure just a little more and as you can see the highlights are definately blown. Even after all that it's still too much light but oh well..

• 4 weeks later...

It was during one of the big lighting shows this past summer. The cloud more or less parked there and pounded Edmonton with lighting for an hour or so. In order to do this you use a long exposure. In this case it was a 30 second exposure. This picture was 3 separate strikes. One of the large ones on the left then the cluster on the right and finally the second on the left. Other than that it's just getting your composition to what you want it to be and setting exposure then taking a lot of shots and seeing what was caught on each.