Pinoy Black Angelfish

vince0

So I picked up some fish from Fairdeal last night and I have to say, the pinoy angels are nuts! So after letting the fish settle overnight, making sure everyone was eating ok, I decided to start snapping pictures. Most of the didn't turn out, maybe I was in too much of a rush. Here are some pics that turned out somewhat ok of the black pinoy angels.

P1020102.jpg

P1020100.jpg

They still have a lot of growing to do at this point, they are between quarter and loonie size

Thanks

Vince

Sure is hard to see through all those water spots :smokey: but i must say good looking angel.

yeah i know ha ha, i really should have cleaned the glass, but i just got so excited over taking pictures. Maybe tomorrow will bring another picture session with some cleaner glass :)

Those are going to be stunning once they get their blue sheen! They sure are cute little fellas

from what i've seen online, the blacks don't get as much of a blue sheen as the rest. I got them for the rusty/green sheen you see above with a hint of blue.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen some really blue pinoys on Youtube.

im wondering if that might be due to an actinic blue bulb. Or mine might just be different. They are really picking up in color, Im almost due for another update :)

They are probably Ken Kennedy's from the Phillipines. He was the one who originally imported nearly all of the blue angelfish varities into Canada and the United States. His fish are absolutely stunning.Here are some links to his videos...

im wondering if that might be due to an actinic blue bulb. Or mine might just be different. They are really picking up in color, Im almost due for another update :)

They are probably Ken Kennedy's from the Phillipines. He was the one who originally imported nearly all of the blue angelfish varities into Canada and the United States. His fish are absolutely stunning.Here are some links to his videos...

Actually Ken is not who brought them into Canada.

Beautiful Fish !!!!!!! I am of cource very jealouse ....lol More Pics please Thank-You

Actually Ken is not who brought them into Canada.

But most of the Phillipine Blue angels are descendants from his stock. Sorry wording error. I believe he was the one to bring them into North America(United States I believe) where they were bred. Then, breeders began to sell them all over the place and now they're even sold here... Right?