Reverse Osmosis Water

werner

Werner, good presentation and I didn't get the chance to heckle you. Thanks so much for educating us on the uses of RO water :thumbs:

Do I have to call you to remind you now as I'm already e-mailing you?? All that salt has gone to your brain. Made out like a bandit at the meeting with my new flagfish(who think they're limias??), assorted plant cuttings and an 8' giant val for a dollar. As my largest tank is 29 gallons, I have no room for the val but it was such a good deal!!!

Last call for the group RO/DI system order... I'll be putting it in on Monday.

BTW, all the diamond tetras I bought at the meeting had to live in a Tupperware bowl for a couple days before I went back home (I wasn't expecting to buy any fish). I ended up carrying them home in my water jug :)

9cd57766e47f4e435c52696249687464.jpg

It makes a really great fish transport bucket. Easy acclimation too- add new water to the top, and drain the old out the water spout.

They're all happy in their new home. Saw breeding behaviors right away too- must be my RO/DI water!!!

• 3 months later...

Household water softeners only remove the calcium and magnesium ions in the water and replace them with sodium ions. The water is considered "soft" because the standard test measures only for calcium and magnesium. However, the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) of the water hasn't been reduced- all of the other minerals, organics, etc. are still present.

RO/DI units remove nearly all of the ions, organics, bacteria, viruses, etc.