Good place to get a stand?

vince0

Hello folks,

I just acquired a 180 gallon tank for free, but I didn't get a stand with it. Does anyone know the best place to get a stand locally, either steel or wood? I'd really like to have the stand before thursday, because that's when the tank is scheduled to arrive and I really don't want to have to lift it twice :P

Any advice will be muchly appreciated

Make it Vince! So much cheaper! :)

I know its going to be cheaper, I can get the steel to make it for $55 and I've got a welder buddy that can put it together for me for a fee, Im just a little worried that its not going to have the same holding potential as one designed by a manufaturer. I know going this route will cost me about a third of the price of one from the LFS. Im just wondering if thats the only route other than going to the LFS

Stand, who needs it?? According to my feline assistant, Maddie, all fish tanks should be at cat height for ideal viewing. So a few of my tanks are on the floor for her aesthetic pleasure.