filtration question

vince0

2 eheims would be a great option for shellies it would be plenty of filtration and with eheim the water takes a lil more time to cross the entire media bed which is ideal for nitrification. Do you mind me asking what sort of shellies you have?

I did have an Eheim 2215 and 2217 on my 120, but I now just run an FX5

can you split the inputs and outputs on these? I really wanted to have dual of both so that i could have one in each corner...

I imagine you could. I wouldn't run the filters in series, but splitting each filter should be fine.

2 eheims would be a great option for shellies it would be plenty of filtration and with eheim the water takes a lil more time to cross the entire media bed which is ideal for nitrification. Do you mind me asking what sort of shellies you have?

at the moment, I have 2 pairs of sunspot brevis and a tonload of fry growing out. This 120g will be an angel grow out till I can get a 180g, but im gonna set up the filtration, heaters, lighting and substrate as if it were a tang tank.

I did have an Eheim 2215 and 2217 on my 120, but I now just run an FX5

can you split the inputs and outputs on these? I really wanted to have dual of both so that i could have one in each corner...

I imagine you could. I wouldn't run the filters in series, but splitting each filter should be fine.

At this point im considering just getting a single fx5 and twinning the inputs and outputs...

I've seen that done with a tank on MFK. The guy actually drilled the back of his tank in 3 places for the returns and had 2 intakes at the top of his tank.

well thanks for looking. I ordered the fx5 off big al's online today. I think im going to set this one up regular style and look for a used one to tinker with and try to set it up with dual intakes.

On another note, what strength of heater would you use for the same 120g tank?

I have converted the intake on mine to a 3/4" PVC. The output is still original, but that will be hard-lined soon. It may have increased the flow a bit, but it's definitely easier to place.