Ever Clean Aqua system

Ishkabod

I was reading my latest magazine delivery and happened across this. It really looks like what i have been searching for for a long time since i hate to gravel vaccume and don`t like to have my cannister pick it all up so i have to clean out the gunk more often.

Check out the webpage and video and let me know what you think. Allthough i have garnered allot of experience in the hobby i have never used an Under gravel filter and nor do i have any idea if this might be worth investing in.

Thanks

L

:well:everclean aqua

You will still get detritus build up in the gravel over time. The main problem with UGFs is channeling, but that's the same as canisters - if you don't stir it up and clean it, water will eventually just go around the media.

I think there is the difference between this and an ugf. This isn't supposed to be a ugf and it looks to be designed to generate relatively even flow no matter if there is rocks in one spot and not another. This would allow a shallow gravel or rock bed which is perfect to keep a tank clean. I don't think it'd work for a planted tank or a african tank so it'd be limited to hospital tanks, grow out tanks and some breeding tanks but most especially KOI or Goldfish tanks.

Thanks for the input

L