Adding Light Ideas ?

The-Influence

Iv Got A 40 Gallon Aquagiant Tank With 2 24Watt T5 Lamps But Feel Its Not Enough Now Anyone Who Has Seen These Tanks Know That There Aint Much Room Under The Hood For Adding Light .... Anyone Here Got Any Ideas ? I Was Thinking Led Strips But I Dont See That Working To Well Nor Cheap .... Iv Sunk Way To Much In To My Tanks The Past Few Months So Im Looking For I Slightly Cheap Fix For This Problem

Blake

You can try adding an additional T5 or 2. If you can make it down to All Seasons Garden Centre, they sell T5s w. Ballast that are only about 2x the size of an actually T5 bulb. The wiring does add a bit to the length, but you should be able to make it fit.

They come with clips that you can just screw into the inside of the hood. Heat may be an issue, but then you won't need a heater. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Iv not updated this in awhile and still need help to try fitting 1 or 2 more T5s in this hood . I picked up a single T5 Sunblaster unit but it's about quarter inch to big to get under the splash guard ! Anyone ever do a mod on these aqua giant tanks ? Maybe removing the T5s and going with led lights ? I thought of led lights but never read any good info on them being any good on tanks bigger then 10 gallons ... I'd like to get this resolved on my 40 gallon so I can start on my 25 gallon

Blake