Walking Catfish

Fishnerd

So I'm about to be given a walking catfish the mottled piebald variety, about 10" and very attractive. Aside from the usual habits of being voracious eaters and growing large and escaping tanks etc. Does anyone have any experience in keeping them? I'm interested in behaviour, personality, swimming habits and compatibility with other fish particularily other bottom feeders.

cheers

I had one growing up and they can nasty but cool!! They do have poisonous spines on pectoral fins and I always had a washcloth handy when I was netting Burt the clarias catfish. Also fed him dogfood from time to time(I was 12 okay!!). Have read that they can hold their own with piranhas.

poisonous spines eh think I'll watch out for those. They are strange for sure, the one I'm getting is white with brown patches and a bit of orange kinda. It reminds me of a calico cat oddly enough lol... and those whiskers are pretty cute. hehe

really ? dog food ?? lol

• 2 months later...