Convict Tank Mates

waster

got a pair of spawning convicts....

are there any fish that can handle being in the same tank as a pair of convicts? currently have them in a 20 gallon.... so i doubt anything survives in there with them. i do have a 40 gallon i could put them in. is there anything that can hold their own over these guys?

In my experience the convicts will eventually wipe out all their tank mates. It may take a while but they will come out on top. Mine were in a 110g, so it took longer for the cons to decimated everything else. My advice is get rid of them, and repopulate with the fish you want.

• 5 weeks later...

would an equally aggressive pair of fish work?

lets say a pair of equal sized salvinis?

or will carnage likely ensue as soon as one pair spawns?

im completely ok with a nervous stalemate with one pair claiming and defending one end of the tank and the other pair holding the other.

would an equally aggressive pair of fish work?

lets say a pair of equal sized salvinis?

or will carnage likely ensue as soon as one pair spawns?

im completely ok with a nervous stalemate with one pair claiming and defending one end of the tank and the other pair holding the other.

As mentioned best by themselves.

In a 20 all you can handle is a pair with fry; the bioload will be too much to handle as you will soon have 50 fish in there rolleyes.gifMy male will even try to kill the female after the fry are around.

J