911 Please Help

vchriste

could be a plugged up fish!!! adding pure epsom salt to the tank (1 table spoon/5 gallons) helps

i had a fish acting very similar and gave him a 15 minute epsom salt bath in a bucket 2 times a day for 3 days and he really went #2 !!!!! now i feed frozen peas microwaved,shelled and chopped on a weekly basis and they love them.

i used a bucket because my tank is fairly large and only had a little epsom but i have read that epsom and aquarium salt are beneficial in many ways added directly to your tank.......i don't think tetras can handle salt though

also adding "cycle" to new tank can start a good colony of good bacteria although a cycled tank is better

the gravel you added from the other tank should of had some good bacteria

Edited by FISHLIPS

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a while, but just wanted to tell you guys that Cecil survived!

I didn't have the heart to euthanize him, I treated him pretty hard with some BettaFix and after about 14 days of treatment, he started eating. He has turned into quite the fish, quite aggressive actually and eat like a pig now. His fins are growing back and looking beautiful.

Thanks again for all your support, expertise and suggestions!!