Fluval 303

Chopperman

I did some maintenance on my fluval 303 the other day. Media, Clean the impeller and such. When I put it back together and primed it all seemed well no visible leaks or anything, like so many times before. Well this time 24hrs later I noticed damp areas on the hardwood that the stand and aquarium sit on and low and behold the bucket the filter sits in is full. So now I have warped hardwood that Im hoping may dry out somewhat flat. So a quick note to people that may have one of these, Make sure the connections are tight and the O-ring is seated. Or maybe just dont put an aquarium on hardwood.

Adam

Your last statement would be most accurate, however my advice is to place a larger container like a plastic wash basin or a rubbermaid container under the canister filters for a day or so after reinstalling to ensure there are no leaks. You can call that hardwood floor insurance.....actually I would do that anywhere as unwanted water anywhere is not good. As for your floor , don't panic they can be repaired (if it needs to be) and it isn't that expensive.