Stocking Advice

Eugene

My tank has 2 pumps.A Ehiem 2215 and a marineland 350.For fish I have 3 Bolivian rams , 3 Appisto Euntous, 2 Nanacaras 1Panda corycat, 6 whiteclouds, 5Harlquin rasboras, 5 cherry barbs. I would like to and a bunch of COLORFUL schooling tetras, 2-4 other S.A.Rams, 2-3 other Appistos, A CHECKERBOARD CICHLID a Lime cichlid.1 Aquedians curveips?.Some odd or colorful cats , 2 small plecos.Last would be a pair of angelfish and 2 small Kribs.The tank eventually will have a 4ft by 6-12inch island of plants in the middle and 1ft of treeroots on each end lots of caves . The pumps give a small current going round the outside of the tank.This tank is in the main living room as a divider between dinning room no wall.So what do you think to much what would be good for tetras not Congos.

I would agree with getting a couple more cories, either more Pandas which I think would look pretty good in a school or maybe sterbai cories, or a large group of pygmy cories could look really good in such a large tank.

When picking out more rams I'd be really careful as well. A lot of the other rams need a higher temperature, 82F plus to be comfortable, which might not work well with what you already have. They are quite sensitive as well which might make it difficult to keep them. I'd go with more Bolivian rams because they fit well temperature wise with the rest of your stock.

As for tetras, you could go with the classic neon for red and blue, bleeding heart tetras for red, or it would be pretty cool a large school of lemon tetras for a splash of yellow.

IMO, you can't beat a school of Cardinal Tetras. In your tank, I'd go with a school of 100 or more. I just put a school of 50 in a 105gal and it wasn't enough. In big tanks, if you want small fish, get large schools of them. It looks quite impressive. If you can't afford to buy lots of something from the store, check out the Group Orders when they come up - and keep an eye on Fairdeal's list, he always has great prices!