The Pigs In My Tank

knifefishfan

the first pic is the 1 i bought roughly 2-3 months ago (1-2 weeks before JLake)

the 2nd...top is the other i bought the same time as the first pic...3" and 4" at the time i bought them...now 9" and 10"

bottom of the 2nd is the 1 i got from hustler about a month ago.

3rd is all of them

4th is with my 14" clown knife.

Pigs1

Pigs2

Pigs3

Pigs4

hey JLake, how are the gars you bought doing?

Hahahaha not as fat as your pigs! Getting bigger now that its off tyhe bloodworms. eats a whole prawn every day. half in the am and half at night. Also i cut a small peice of worm for it when i feed the rays.

hehe i couldnt believe how much they eat. i fed this tank 12 piece of thawed shrimp after work and 7 piece of thawed shrimp in the am(today). and when i use silversides, they eat 16 pieces, 8 in the am and 8 in the pm. they are pigs. was thinking of only feeding them once per day, but i cant do that to my fish. have any pics of your gars?

Nice fish, but your gonna need a way bigger tank dude.

dont worry man. i am planning on getting a 200-300 tank. as jvision said, im reading some dyi on another forum. the silver is the only immidiate problem for now tho. ive read from gar experts that i can house these gars for a year or 2 in a 112 gallon tank.

these gars are fun to watch. they have 2 different formations they do. all side by side, and 1 after another. they play follow the leader lol.

Edited by knifefishfan

Yeah the gar will be fine for a while. The larger the tank with gars the worse off u can be. With a lot of room to do "quick starts" which often leads to busted spines and snouts. The leading caue of injusry and death to gars.

yep...gars need step up tanks. when i turn the lights on in the morning, the gars sometimes gets startled and bursts downward. good thing my tank is almost bare...decor cant bust some spines too. any chance of pics of your gars JLake?

i prob give me 6 months-1 year before i need a bigger tank. pleanty of time to save for it lol

Looking fat bro Great job :)

My gators have been on a steady diet of clown loaches and silver dollars..... I got them thier own 180 but when i filled it, It leaked...... And great to hear you found a royal get a pic of him up.

pagani, Im sure i could spare a couple bro If your still interested?

haha thanks Mel, and sorry about the leak. when i picked up that gar from you, you already mentioned him eating the silver dollars and that very nice(excited about) elephant nose lol. your gator gars have a very expensive diet. the royal had a war with my clown knife, but is eating and healing up nicely. will try to get a pic of him later tonight.

cant get a clear full shot of him. here he is beside my 13" CK. he has bite marks from the same CK in the pics when i first put him into the tank. now as you can see, they get along and he is healing nicely.

RCK1

RCK2

RCK3

RCK4

Edited by knifefishfan