Led Vs T5Ho

James2009

You have to spend allot of money to get a quality LED fixture...Unless you have >$1000 in your lighting budget I'd stick with the T5's...I have a little 24" two bulb T5HO fixture that I ran on my 20gal hitec planted tank with great success...

I don't have a FTS but here's an old pic...

IMG_1449.jpg?

They have some double bright LED lights on sale at big Als that i'm fairly sure would do a good job on a average planted tank. If you want Co2 and the works with delicate hight light plants then i'd suggest go with what works for sure. I have a LED strip light on my Cichlid tank and i love it but for planted I'm going to experiment with a small LED strip bubble curtain for 20 bucks and see what it'll give me in a mini planted tank.

Good luck

L

I tried led and while it is possible to grow I didn't get the results I would have with a higher intensity light such as t5ho. However there are 3watt leds on the market that cost their weight in gold that do have the intensity from my understanding. Pictures of a few running salt water aquariums with them.

james...I have a 20 gallon with a t5ho 2x24 watt fixture and if i was to do it again I wouldn't go that route. The lights are pretty intense but the spread isn't the greatest.

Id go with 2x14 watt t5no and buy 2 fixtures...or if you really want t5ho buy the 4 bulb and just use the 2 outside bulbs..

james...I have a 20 gallon with a t5ho 2x24 watt fixture and if i was to do it again I wouldn't go that route. The lights are pretty intense but the spread isn't the greatest.

Id go with 2x14 watt t5no and buy 2 fixtures...or if you really want t5ho buy the 4 bulb and just use the 2 outside bulbs..

What kind of light are you using? I use a 2x24in t5h0 on my 20 gal and I am getting great results!

Interesting..... I have the same fixture but my plants are still pretty short so I haven't experienced this. I was thinking of adding a coralife T5 NO but I have read some horrible things about them. Maybe I will add another AquaticLife and just run 3 bulbs .

Interesting..... I have the same fixture but my plants are still pretty short so I haven't experienced this. I was thinking of adding a coralife T5 NO but I have read some horrible things about them. Maybe I will add another AquaticLife and just run 3 bulbs .

Either one of you want to sell your lights? LOL