Is Anyone Breeding Celestial Pearl Danios (Galaxy Rasboras) In Alberta?

Sierra

I saw someone was looking for a breeder back in 2008 and there was one person breeding them. Is anyone breeding them now? I would really like to get my hands on some.

I'll take my chances with fry too if anyone has some?

Anyone tried to breed them with no luck? I would definitely like to give it a go.

I recently got 9 of them a few weeks ago and I hope to breed them. So far no spawn but it might take a few weeks for them to get used to the new conditions and feel comfortable. If so I might have some ready in a few months or earlier. Depends on how it goes. I'm doing some reading on the best parameters etc to get the best numbers of eggs and fry to live. I think they are an awesome little fish, and yes, very hard to get ahold of.

TNT Aquatica might be breeding them.

Yeah I think that's where I will be getting mine from. Have you ordered anything from them...? I haven't ...yet.

Lots of fine-leave plants, feed well, and keep water clean. You may need to lower the temp a couple degrees on a big WC to get them in the mood once they're conditioned.

Hello- I'm not sure if you're looking to buy them from a store or...(am new here, sorry!)

I saw a tank of them (labelled "galaxy rasboras") at Big Al's in Calgary. Maybe the Big Al's in Edmonton will have some as well? I would think they get basically the same stock? They were $5.99/fish and ridiculously cute

Edit:

Yeah, sorry, this is the "Breeding" forum =)

Please ignore the newb =)

Edited by aonyx

Hello- I'm not sure if you're looking to buy them from a store or...(am new here, sorry!)

I saw a tank of them (labelled "galaxy rasboras") at Big Al's in Calgary. Maybe the Big Al's in Edmonton will have some as well? I would think they get basically the same stock? They were $5.99/fish and ridiculously cute

Edit:

Yeah, sorry, this is the "Breeding" forum =)

Please ignore the newb =)

No that's fine! They do have them here at Big Al's and they are now 9.99/fish. TNT (online store here in Edmonton) has them for 4.00/fish but they aren't available yet I am waiting for the guy to let me know.