Sexing Green Severums

FISHLIPS

i originally bought 4 to get a pair and now i do and its very obvious.....now i want to determine m/f,to best of my knowledge the male should have longer fins and grow larger quicker,this is true to one of the paired fish.The one thing that throws me off is that the smaller one who aggressively chases the other severums and challenges other fish which i thought would be the male?These facial markings i've read about are non-existant and all the fish look exact!!

So my question is .....how can i determine a green severums sex at 5"s long?

Edited by FISHLIPS

IME, the only sure-fire way to tell gender in sevrums is to watch them spawn (or get ready to spawn). The male will have a pointed breeding tube, and the female will have a blunt breeding tube. Their breeding tubes extend right before spawning (w/in a day or so), and will stay extended for a bit under a day after spawning.

Best way seriously is to just let them pair off, you won't be able to mess it up and it won't go unnoticed when they pair off. When they pair you can either removed all other tank mates or remove parents. IF it's there first spawn the chances are that their first batch of fry won't even make it to the free swimming stage.