Cherry Shrimp Tank [Pictures]

SkyGrl

just set up a shrimp tank and im playing with my camera to try to capture the little guys. already have 2 moms berried and im just letting the moss grow in. here are some pics.

feb8062.jpg

feb8058.jpg

Amy

btw if anyone wants trimmings of christmas moss or flame moss pm me. im sure we can work something out ;)

Edited by SkyGrl

Very nice! You got some nice red cherries there. I think I seen this on TPT? Since you got those nice Lily pipes in there and an rimless could I suggest you get a Hydor ETH and it would look spectacular!

I'd be interested in Christmas moss. I'll pm you.

i would love to get a hydor eth heater, we are looking for the 1/2 inch one, if you know of anywhere that sells it shout out. big als online is out of stock.. the lily pipes where custom made by Paul from the planted tank :) he made me 2 custom shrimp safe pipes. i won them. those cherries are stock from my from friend in edmonton. she has tanks over run with them. she was kind enough to keep them for me until i got my tank set up. i was going to wait to set up until i had a proper stand but i was to impaitent. lol i want to get some dario darios for this tank.. if anyone knows of someone locally that breeds them pm me. otherwise ill have to wait until spring/summer to get some shipped in. i want all red creatures. i was thinking if i could find a tall enough rock that sticks out of the water i could get some red crabs.. (i know nothing about crabs) i think they are cool tho.

this tank is still in the process of growin in and i do want a backround plant of some sort, ive been scouring the pages of the internet for the perfect plant and im not satisfied with any i have found so far... the search continues. it looks cool with out anything so i dont mind leaving it for now.

Amy

Being that the tank looks like it's on an "island or peninsula" I think it looks good with no background. Ever considered doing an iwagumi? You got the rocks already.

... and WOW those are some nice custom lily pipes. The outflow looks exactly like some of the ADA models. Is Paul from Canada?

paul is from oregon. he is one of the best fish guys i know.. always paying it forward! helping any one who needs it. whn i got those pipes in the mail... i was SO excited!!! oh man! i wanted to use them right away but had no filter at the time to put them on. he made the intake holes small so that shrimp wouldnt be sucked into the filter. he is so thoughtful.

i did have it set up as iwagumi before i added the water and the other half of the substrate. but i needed a few more rocks and i rushed this tank setup because we anted to tear down the other 15 gallon the shrimps where waiting in. we are TRYING to downsize... but it just doesnt seem to be happening.

Amy

pics of tank before:

scape 1

cichlidsjan8006.jpg

scape 2

15hardscape039.jpg

i wasnt really happy with these.. im just to nit-picky i think

Edited by SkyGrl

Yes those are the ones I seem to recall seeing on TPT.

Is his name just "Paul" on TPT? Does he make those for anyone at the right price? I would be interested in getting a custom set made for my MIni S. I am waiting for AFA to get some in but they have been out of stock for quite some time.

I would be interested in getting a custom set made for my MIni S.

I might also be interested, if you didn't mind letting me know as well.

--

By the way, your cherry tank is very appealing. Simple yet interesting to look at, the clarity does it well.

Edited by Iceturf