Fish Tank Setup

peckham125

Hi not sure where i was supposed to post this so i chose here.

i looking for a big tank, stand, hood, light ect

was going to get a custom built tank but didn't really think too deep into it, but with some advise for some members i think my best bet is too buy a whole set up as im new to it all and feel lost

so if you or some one you know has a tank with all the bits and bobs to go with it let me know thanks

Actually the posts referring to Buying and Selling Livestock and Equipment is all based out of the Classified - That being said, you being a newer member to AA I think it has a Post requirement before you can post and look at the threads. I could be wrong but I want to say it's either 15 or 50. I know that's a wide range but I'm sure a moderator will direct you to the proper information.

yeah i think its a bit silly that you have to prove yourself in order to use buy n sell

The buy/sell rules were put in place to stop the multiple members that were signing up, posting an ad and never returning to the site. Alberta Aquatica is more then just a place to buy and sell equipment. So now you have to post a couple(3) times before the buy/sell becomes available which I dont' think is too much to ask.

With 12 posts you should already be able to see the Buy/sell section.

• 4 weeks later...

What size are you looking for? Any ideas on what kinds of fish you would like to keep. Would you like plants? Me personally when someone says a large tank i automaticly think 200 gallons or more. Kijiji is most likely your best bet when it comes to complete setups. If you don't know what you would like might i suggest hitting the aquarium stores(i reccomend specialty stores where the staff is more likely to know what they are talking about) If not then maybe post some questions on the site regarding stocking or health or tips and tricks to get it established fast and then you can get that post in the equipment classifieds section.

Good luck

L

Since posting this topic i got myself a 135Gal tank (freshwater) and im absolutely loving it ! got myself 2 decent size oscars, 6-7 giant danios, 1 jack dempsey ( that i want rid of ) 1 pleco

im looking to throw some more fish like plecos (really nice ones ) and catfish in there aswell