IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2396-2.jpg

IMG_2395-2.jpg

Doing a water change after I finish studying at the university later this evening along with more spot dosing of BBA and manual removal of any filamentous algae.

Edited by Mko

I went to Aquarium Illusions a couple of weeks ago. They had a custom rimless tank that the owner did not buy. Maybe it was yours. :)

Anyway, nice tank. Any plans of rescaping?

Im deliberating if I should get an ADA tank next year or just get the Hagen Waterhome aquarium.

If I get the Hagen, it will look like my 10 gallon tank and will make my 2 tanks uniform (which will look good also plus its 3 x cheaper).

If I get the ADA, I'll get a clearer one but more expensive.

BTW, Big Al's has a ton of those rocks that I have on my Iwagumi tank just in case.

I work at PJ's pets and can probably get a good deal on a Hagen Waterhome aquarium because of that so im probably going that route (planning a bigger tank approx 30 gallons or so)They are nice tanks and after seeing your tanks I was convinced (nothing compares to ADA though). I have 15 rocks of similar texture to yours that I have been collecting over the past while from AC and Big als so I'm excited to start the iwagumi once im done my university finals. As for this cube im currently just using it as a holding tank for bettas that I import. I will probably rescape it come summer time. I only have enough patience for so many tanks. This christmas it will be the future 30 gallon iwagumi. I'll start up a seperate thread for that once I free up some time.

Do you dose EI ferts or premixed? if EI do you dose dry ferts or solution? this will be my first true iwagumi so I want to know how nutrient demanding these types of tanks are

I do EI dosing but I premixed them myself and put them in pump bottles so that I get the ADA feel Haha. (Same concept as the ADA Brighty K and Green Brighty)

I use KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4, Epsom Salts, and Seachem Flourish.

See dosage below.

http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/plants-algae-ferts-ei-co2-lighting-13/intro-ei-estimated-index-82/

Keep posting.

I do EI dosing but I premixed them myself and put them in pump bottles so that I get the ADA feel Haha. (Same concept as the ADA Brighty K and Green Brighty)

I use KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4, Epsom Salts, and Seachem Flourish.

See dosage below.

http://www.bcaquaria...mated-index-82/

Keep posting.

Thank you kindly. I probably have to make a stop at All Seasons Gardening Centre to pick up some extra fertz. I still have left over KNO3, KH2PO4, and K2SO4 but they're only like little ziplock bags worth. Im gonna pick up a bit more so I have a nice longlasting supply for my future tanks and this tank. I currently only dose Seachem excel, Potassium, and flourish since most of the plants in here are slow growers and not too too demanding.

Edited by Mko

After looking at my tank im starting to notice one of the anubias plants starting to grow really really big in proportion to the rest of the tank. In my oppinion it is starting to put the left side of the tank slightly off balance and im thinking of ways to fix it..

AnubiasToobig.jpg

Should I maybe try relocating it more to the back closer to the rock instead of infront of the driftwood? Or since all of the anubias will eventually grow to this size should I try trading in the anubias in the tank for some Anubias nana var. petite. Or should I do a combination of both to get the classic anubias "leafy look" with variations of big and small leaves?

anubias-nana-petite-60-daun.jpg

Anubias nana var. petite

Also there is a nice gap in between the rocks and driftwood that I noticed. Im thinking of maybe adding a few fronds of Bolbitis to this opening or at least adding some bolbitis to the area around the crypts to add more leaf variation in the tall plants in the tank. or maybe just replacing the crypts in general for bolbitis I don't know..

boblitis.jpg

Bolbitis heudelotii

a0_1.jpg

I also want to highlight the base of my hardscape a little more to give it a more emphasized "Forest Edge" feel while the open areas grow into a nice dwarf hair grass carpet. Im thinking of adding a few rocks covered in moss to the circles in red to create a nice dark outline of the base of the whole structure while removing the round rocks circled in blue to allow the hairgrass to really fill into a nice full carpet. I will trim the growing moss to form triangular carpets creating a nice feeling of "flow" comming off of the hardscape. I'll probably use christmas moss for this. That or spiky moss

Mossandrocks.jpg

Any oppinions on how I should tackle this? Would bolbitis grow out to be too big also? Please let me know what you guys think.