Fish Seizures

BlkMaxima

Ok I have a 29 gal tank with 6 African Cichlids in it and two Plecos. I don't know much about fish but, this one seem to be the dominant male, Mostly in the morning he will be swimming around with the others and he will stop near the bottom and shake, twitch. Not sure if he is saying hes the boss or if he is retarded or what. Any help would be great. If it helps he is a Pseudotropheus Elongatus!

:well:

Its hard to say unless there is a video clip of the movement. It may be part of the mating ritual of tail twitching and circling with the female. One of my males had what I thought were seizures as well a while back. Every 2 minutes he would twitch and point his nose straight up. At this timel, he didn't eat very well either. This lasted for 2 weeks and then stopped. However, he is still not eating too well. I'm still not sure what is wrong. Good luck.

I would say with a 90% acuracy that he is trying to breed w/ one other of your fish.

Because he looks very healthy w/ no sign of dessease.

Do you have a female in w/ him?

Yes there is a few females with him but he is only 2 inches long, will he breed this early?