Cas Spring Auction

Our Spring Auction is coming up soon! (And don't forget about our special speaker presentations and jar show April 2nd.)

When: Sunday, April 3rd, 2011

Place: Montgomery Community Hall

5003 - 16 Avenue NW

(SW intersection of 16 Ave. and Home Rd.)

Delivery of items: 9:00am - 10:30am

Item viewing: 10:00am - 11:00am

Auction starts: 11:00am sharp!

Map

Edited by werner

There have been some adjustments to the rules that should be noted:

-The auction will be limited to 500 lots. Selling is reserved for current Aquarium Club Members (CAS or similar clubs) only. Sellers are allowed up to 20 lots each. However, if the maximum number of lots has not been reached by the registration deadline, sellers may be allowed additional lots- if you are interested in receiving extra lots, please notify the Auction Chairperson when you register. Additional lots may be made available for non-members and special circumstances at the Auction Chairperson’s discretion.

-Those wishing to sell items must register for the auction no later than ONE WEEK prior to the auction date to reserve their lots. If necessary, please ensure that club memberships are renewed or purchased prior to registering (not on the day of the auction!) Any lots from vendors that have not been pre-registered will be considered as donations.

So basically, we want everybody to get their ducks in a row* before the day of the auction so there's less chaos!

We will begin registering sellers at the Mar 8th CAS meeting. Your member # will be your vendor #, so get your membership renewed or purchased at the meeting!

If you could use extra lots (if available), make this known when registering.

Vendor forms and full copies of the rules will be available at the meeting, and should also be up on the CAS website shortly.

* Yeah, yeah. Don't bother with the "we're selling fish, not ducks" jokes. That means you, fishclubgirl!

I NEVER make jokes.... As our advance sign up for lots was last night at the meeting and I will be sending the list to Ward tonight. Approximately 150(out of 500) lots were spoken for. If you do want lots and can pm me today, I'll add you to the list I'm sending to Ward.Please note this is for up to date members only... As I always say "membership has it's privileges"!! And no Werner, you cannot sell "ducks"...

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone getting excited about this? No? just me? :smokey:

So, in keeping with FCG's post for Edmonton's auction, what are you bringing to the CAS auction?

I'll go first this time!

I will be bringing

'inverts

Cherry shrimp - some really nicely colored up, even though Ron took a serious dent in my shrimp tank breeders! haha!

Asolene spixi snails - commonly known as zebra apple snails. These lay eggs in the tank, and eat hydra like there was no tomorrow. I am a bit suspicious on their 'no plant eating story though, as people keep saying it, but people that have bought them from me have seen them munch down some delicate plants....

LIvebearers

Skiffia lermae pair

Xenotoca eiseni pair (orange tail goodeid

Couple of pairs or trios of black chin livebearers

killies

1 kryptolebias marmoratus (Mangrove killie fish) - These are the hermaphrodite, brackish killiefish. only takes one to spawn them! but do require 3 tbsp marine salt per gallon.

pair Aphyosemion australe 'orange' and possibly some eggs, depending if any are 'eyed' up for the auction.

pair Simpsonichthys santanae - I'm still trying to decipher the location on these, but I believe it to be reseriao do santaa nat2, collection 6.8.2010... possibly one bag of eggs from these as well.

ok. watchu bringin?? :hey:

I'm bringing some rarer plants(possibly some crypt nuri, Frans Stoffel swords and whatever else is growing), "fish crack" aka Critter Crumbc from Pam, bettas, perhaps some rare but prolific livebearers, betta toys from Betta Breeders Canada and who knows what else?? Guess you're going to have to be there :shifty: :shifty:

I'm bringing plants, plants, and plants, a Fluval Edge tank, another bigger tank, possibly other stuff (gotta clean out the box o' fish stuff)? And $$$. Going to be buying some of the rainbow egg kits on Saturday too.

I have 25 lots to move, I'm thinking I will move a lot of the stowaways that are taking up tank space ( unidentified apisto's, cichlids and catfish )I have lots of breeding size Africans, I have a couple hundred Philippine blue angels here - I'm thinking of doing a few bags of cherry picks. Some Cories maybe and some oddballs. Oh yeah maybe some Pleco's --- I guess it depends on how early I get up

I'm ill prepared, so I will bring cash. It may be a momentous occasion, my wife wants to come to the talks and the auction too. I'll quietly run a tab, you guys distract her, run interference, so she can't keep count. Think I could convince her that it was a mexicana theme and we were bidding in pesos?! I'd better make lots of deals in the parking lot she doesn't know about, or at future auctions I will be showing up with cash, and no way to get more cash. Yes, she is far smarter than me, and once I came to terms with that things got simpler......and the beatings subsided. Lol! Jk. It's gonna be fun.

Note to self: Learn from past auction mistakes, don't spend 100 bucks on plants, when you are there only for plecos! And don't get the 5 year old daughter to bid on something you don't really really want, cause her hand keeps popping up like we are paying the tab in cheerios (those were 2 very pricey sulpherheads she bought)

But she was so cute bidding Jay! haha!

So, let's arrange a sign, and when you give me the sign I will just start a song and dance routine. I am the worst singer and dancer known to man, so if that doesn't distract her we have no hope!

Edit: I've been in some email discussions with Bill Bishop and what he has told me is bringing for annual killies... well, I will be making a stop at the bank on the way to the auction. There is going to be some AWESOME killies coming! As well as some other interesting fishies he is bringing!

I might end up spending all my beer money allowance for a while to come!

Edited by DanGofCalgary

But she was so cute bidding Jay! haha!

So, let's arrange a sign, and when you give me the sign I will just start a song and dance routine. I am the worst singer and dancer known to man, so if that doesn't distract her we have no hope!

Edit: I've been in some email discussions with Bill Bishop and what he has told me is bringing for annual killies... well, I will be making a stop at the bank on the way to the auction. There is going to be some AWESOME killies coming! As well as some other interesting fishies he is bringing!

I might end up spending all my beer money allowance for a while to come!

You can't leave us hanging like that :) What types of annual killies and fish?

Was going to make my labels tonite :boxed: but I don't know my membership number- can any one here get it to me before 5 am-- Thank you