Cross Breeding?

kimmi7

I see lots of people on here have more then one type of shrimp in a tank at once. Just wondering if they cross breed or not? I want to get other types but don't want them to cross breed.

FYI, that chart says Cherry and Green (C. cf babaulti) don't crossbreed. In the year or so that I had the two together, I have seen zebra, blue, yellow and brown come out of that tank. In the 5yrs or so that I've had Cherry shrimp on their own, just red.

hmmm i am not sure now if i want to keep different types together. mind you they would only be for myself, another quick question then, i have a topfin 2.5 hex tank, can i have shrimp in there with a under gravel filter and no heater but with the light on to keep the water warm, as i know they tend to like water in mid 70's

Shrimp don't need a heater - at least Cherry shrimp and their like don't. I started my cherries (10 to begin w.) off in an unheated 10gal and only took about 6mos to get to over 100. I think they'll be fine in the 2.5gal, just feed lightly and do your WCs.