Polypropylene Mesh Tank Top

devocole

I'm looking for 1/4 inch or so clear plastic mesh. It is sometimes sold a bird netting. The only stuff i've been able to find in the city is black. Does anyone have a roll of this, or know where to get it. I now have rainbow fish and don't want them jumping out of my topless tank. Right now a huge net is just draped over the top.

The window screen might be your best bet until spring comes and places start to carry the bird netting. Other ideas might be a piece of glass for the tank top? I've used Saran wrap to great effect in the past and tinfoil on some tougher areas.

Good luck

L

Devon, if you don't want to buy a whole roll of window screen, I've got one and you can have whatever you need. I wrapped a piece of eggcrate in it to make a makeshift lid for a small tank that held crickets for a bit. It just needed something heavy on it to keep the edges down.

Thank you all for your responses. I have found a guy in the US that bought it bulk and is selling it in smaller portions on Ebay the title is "1/4" Wide Clear Polypropylene Mesh For Tank Screen Tops." It looks really sharp and i'm getting 2* 22*40 pieces with shipping for $30.00 US. I will post a pic once it is in use.

Devon