Livebearers With Cherry Shrimp

Okotoks

I currently have 3 female and 1 male guppy with my cherry red shrimp. There has never been an issue with the guppies eating shrimp fry. Would other livebearers pose a hazard to my shrimp fry or adult shrimp. I am sure sailfin mollies would be a bother, but perhaps smaller livebearers. I have never kept shrimp with fish until recently.

Actually my endlers eventually killed all of my original try at cherry shrimp a year or so ago. The fish would pick at them and I assume finished them off when they moulted. I wouldn't have necessarily believed it but I would watch as the males (in particular) would relentlessly chase after the shrimp. These were all in a 10 gal tank so maybe with more space there might be a better chance for the shrimp.

Actually my endlers eventually killed all of my original try at cherry shrimp a year or so ago. The fish would pick at them and I assume finished them off when they moulted. I wouldn't have necessarily believed it but I would watch as the males (in particular) would relentlessly chase after the shrimp. These were all in a 10 gal tank so maybe with more space there might be a better chance for the shrimp.

I am having the same experience with endlers and crystal red shrimp, the endlers are slowly killing the CRS.

Really depends. ALL fish will eat shrimp but since Cherries are hardy and produce shrimplets rapidly, I'm almost 100% sure that they will survive, but you would see less shrimplets and your colony would not grow as fast as it would otherwise.

Agreed, it really depends on the fish and tank. How planted it is, so its harder to eat the shrimp.

I kept endlers with my shrimp and they did ok but when I added platies the shrimp were eaten. So its different for everyone. The rule is if it fits in their mouth they will eat it and if it doesn't they will still try ;)

I have my green shrimp in with swords, and smaller tetras. The green shrimp are surviving, but sometimes its hard for me to see shrimplets. I do have two breeder traps and somehow some green shrimp have gotten into those. One good thing though is I have this big piece of driftwood (at least for that size of tank) where most of the shrimp hang out so they are surviving.

I have endlers with cherry shrimp and crystal red and black shrimp, all are thriving. My tank is very well planted, almost a jungle actually. I'm sure the endlers eat ssome shrimp but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference in my populations, the crystals don't reproduce quite as fast but I think that is probably just the shrimp.