Betta not eating

Jods2518

I have a new Betta that I picked up a week ago, almost 2 weeks now, but he hasn't eaten a thing. I've tried flake and betta pellets and he just swims past it all and lets it fall to the bottom of the bowl, I have been changing the water more frequently than the others as the food is just rotting, but he appears healthy otherwise. Any one have any idea as to what else I can do to make him eat??...he is a young fish (not the prettiest Betta I've seen either!!)

Thanks all

Jodaye

Edited by Jods2518

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jodaye;

I realise that some time has gone by since you posted this, but I am interested in what developed with this fish. I have seen onen or two that have not eaten and have a theory for some fo these incidents.

KAT

Hi Jodaye;

I realise it has bee a while since you posted this, but did the fish survive? I can think of one reason that might be responsible for the not eating and have seen two fish with this problem, which is environment related.

Thanks,

KAT

To add to this.

The Betta that my dad had went near a month with out eating anything when we first got him. We tried everything from freeze dried blood worms to the betta pellets. He just wouldn't eat. After nearly 4 weeks, he must have been hungry enough to at least try the pellets, and he was happy ever since.

He just died a week ago. Of old age i would presume.

Keep trying and i'm sure he'll come around (that is if he hasn't already kicked the bucket). Just make sure to remove the old food that is not eated from the water.

IME

nev

Yes the fish is still alive, I bought him some frozen blood worms, whick if I may add is a complete pain in the A@$ as he is the only one who get them and we all know how big the frozen block is....needless to say I thaw ans freeze em as needed....I would love to know your theroy though??...I bought him at Big Als here in Edmonton...he didn't eat for 3 weeks until I bought the worms, now I feed him every couple days and the pellets in betweet, which he still doesn't touch!!

Pain!!!

Jodaye