Angelfish Fighting

Ghostface

I raised 6 Angel's, 2 of which have paired off in my main tank and laid eggs about 2 months ago. I noticed them hanging out in one corner and fighting off others again last week.

I then decided to take them out and put then in they're own breeding tank, setup with 2 terracotta pots, 1 Slate and 1 fake sword plant. The tank is 20 gal. I noticed at first they were hanging out

together just fine, staying close to one another, but in the last 3 days, I noticed the male staying in one side of the tank and female in the other. Also the female's tail seems to have been nipped on

and she is hiding from him now. What should I do? Leave them be and hope they will get along eventually like the have when they were in with the other Angels?

Or should I throw them back in my Main tank with all the other fish where they seem to have been fine? I thought I would separate them before they would spawn in main tank.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

This has happened to me before, I have tried a couple of things.

1. Remove the fish that you believe is bullying the other, so as not to stress the hurt fish further

2. If you can, move the breeder tank so it is right up against your community tank, this diverts the fishes attention to the fish in your community tank

3. Use a small, tough dither fish, like a zebra danio, or a small tetra, to allow the angels to focus on chasing off the other fish, instead of fighting, the fish should be small enough so that it is not a threat to the eggs

4. Or if none of this works, move the pair back to the community tank to ''bond again'', then try moving them back into the breeder tank in about 2 - 4 weeks once both fish are recovered.

Hopefully this helps! Good luck!

Move them back to the main tank. If they're a bonded pair they'll stick together, if not he'll find a new mate if one is available. It sounds to me like she's not ready. Even though she's laid before there could be a few different reasons she doesn't want to lay. It could be a health issue or she may not like the way she's being treated by the male in the breeding tank. Move them back to the big tank & maybe his manners will improve. A bad attitude with the ladies won't get him anywhere. Just my 2 cents though.