Acies

Raven

I know that one of the acies is holding, and thanks to a slight colour variation i know thres a dominant male, a sub and 4 females. Anyway ive never have africans spawn before and i dont have ready acess to a pc so could you guys email me some info? If its not in my pro, that here it is midnight_raven_4@hotmail.com

ok so i can leave her in the tank, and then strip her in a while..... were would i put the fry? in a trap or let them swim roiund the tank finding shelter in the java moss and bacopa plants?

IF you dont' have another fry tank to raise the babies in i'd just leave her spit in the main tank. If you have lots of hiding spots some of the fry will survive. But if you really want to strip and save the fry then your best option(other then a fry tank) is a breeder net. I've never used them though so i wouldnt' know how to help you out with them(i've heard fry getting eaten through the box though so becareful).

I stripped the female today, all of the fry are in the breeding trap for now, i put some first bites fry flakes in their for them ,a nd im working on a batch of bbs for them. Theres about 50, only one had started going belly up, and i culled him. The others are health and very alert. They are skitish just like their parents and cluster in the corners when you aproch the tank, trying to get away and find cover. In a few weeks time ill buy a tank divieder and let them have a fifth of the tank to them selves, then a while after that, i'll have to get rid of them all. I'll try and keep you guys posted on weekly updates, when i can get to a pc. If anyone has any advice please email me.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

The fry that i was seeking out help with before are no 2 months old ^^ Theres 6 of them left, 5 on the divided side and one living in a cave on the adults side. Also i had 2 holding females. Stripped one, with 15 fry at a week old. I cant let them into the divided side of the tank yet, the older once have to go first to find homes at a petstore in st.albert and at ACE's next auction. the second female is doing fine, should be ready in a couple of weeks. OI, so many babies >.< Want some?

awsome.... i fear the days were that many survive....

And yah, i think all sense left me a couple of days ago. I switched the 2 month old to the adults side, on the theory of if one can live fine, they all should be able to make it. so i spent the time to catch em, and released the right by were the small cave and plants were. the i let the small frys out on the divided side. Well, some of the two months found they way back across, and well yah. i havent seen more then 4 of them yet. Stupid me >.<. And of the week old i seen 6, but they tiny and hard to see of yah.... >.< defant blond moment. I'll have to catch all the 2 month old again, and send half to st. albert if they still living :s