Liverbearer Crossbreeding

Okotoks

I have been reading all kinds of conflicting info on the internet and can not get a firm answer. I have a female unhit guppy in a 20 gallon planted tank with an unhit female swordtail and a handful of neon tetras. Here is my question. If I were to introduce a male Endler and they mated, would the offspring be sterile or fertile? Every website has a differing answer. I do not want to end up with fertile offspring as I firmly believe in continuing the near extinct pure Endler line.I am forced to move the male endler as he is being mean to my shrimp. If anyone can confirm or deny the offspring would be fertile, I would appreciate it. I have also read somewhere that the scientific community is considering Endlers and Guppies to be the same species now, but I still dont want to end up with mutanous crossbred offspring that grow 12 feet long and attack my cat.

Endler's and Guppies are so similar that their offspring will be fertile - probably why the scientific community considers them the same species.

Endlers and Guppies to be the same species now, but I still dont want to end up with mutanous crossbred offspring that grow 12 feet long and attack my cat.

hahaha...if you got Guppy and Endler hybrids to grow 12 feet long i'd pay to see that! LOL