Fish Pics

peckham125

I will say that fish tend to be one of the hardest things to get right. Saltwater tends to be easier with all the extra light but some of the fish tend to be more active too so there's a trade off. One of the things that involves the most throw away shots of just about anything.

it does seem pretty difficult to get a decent picture, heres just a few more that i took (experimenting)

let me know what you think, any criticism welcome !

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

DSC03763.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

I will say a fast lens on an slr makes the job a lot easier. Same thing with using off camera flash with an slr.

Thats pretty good considering you're working with a Sony W35 point and shoot. You end up taking 5x the pictures to get keepers than you would on a faster camera/lens setup.

Edited by jzz30tt

The key for is that the flash has to be above the water. If you shoot the flash from the front, you get a funny look. For a point and shoot I used to pile all my lights above the tank to get it real bright, and then not use the flash. Luckily now I have a SLR and wireless flash I can place above the tank.

I edited your links.

If you want the pics to show up in the thread, copy the line on photobucket that has [ IMG] in front and [ /IMG] at the end of the URL. (or just add those tags to your link - that's what I do when editing your posts).

Lookin good!