Blue Tigers

AvianAquatics

Hi everyone! My name is Anna and I am the breeder of the OEBTs that Ron just rec'd. I have raised OEBTs for over 2 years now, and have found that both are capable of producing blue offspring!

I started off with both Blonde (regular looking tiger with orange eyes) and the Blues (light to dark blue coloration) and in just over 1 1/2 years of breeding them, in one tank alone I had over 255+

Most of my OEBTs now produce mostly blues, even the blondes produce the blue color. I have read on many sites that people think the Blondes are of less quality than the blues, but this is NOT true! They are just as capable of producing blue offspring as the blue are of producing blonde offspring.

These Tiger shrimps can and do come in different shades. However they have been bred to produce the blue color, but once in a while you will get the odd blonde, doesn't mean they are less hardy than the blue, just they didn't show the blue color.

Thought I was out of Blondes and Blues, but I have found more available in one of my daughter's tanks, so will be able to ship both colorations in the next 2 weeks.

IF anyone is interested in these shoot me an email, SHRIMPSRUS let me know how many you are looking for and I will get back to you with quantity

available. I will be doing a headcount in the next week.

It costs approx $35 to ship to Calgary overnight by Purolator, this is based on 1lb weight. More weight will mean more $$, so it might be beneficial to have someone just get the one box and you split the shipping cost with that person and pickup from them, instead of several boxes going out to the same City. just a thought.

I also will be bringing in Black orange eyed tigers and Red tigers from Germany in the next few weeks. These are extremely rare!

Here is a pic of one of mine, sharing a leaf with a low grade CRS who just happened to jump ship on a piece of transferred moss.

enjoy!

myblacktiger.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Anna I'm sorry for not emailing you how much are your blue tiger shrimps? I do not mind a mix of blues and blonds and I would really love to get 3540 of them.

I live just outside of Edmonton. But will pay shipping no problems

Hi Anna I'm sorry for not emailing you how much are your blue tiger shrimps? I do not mind a mix of blues and blonds and I would really love to get 3540 of them.

I live just outside of Edmonton. But will pay shipping no problems

Wow that's a lot of shrimp.......LOL.

I don't think we can talk prices on the forums, it's probably best to PM Anna.

:shock: :rofl: I figured you mean't 35-40....almost dropped dead of a heart attack when I read this post :D

I can ship to Edmonton no problem....should be about the same price as Calgary, its based on weight and I try to keep that down by using the Kordon breather bags....less water needed which adds to the box weight and of course the cost.

Here just click this and we can chat....SHRIMPS R US

Hi Anna,

Welcome to Alberta Aquatica! I will definitely need to get some more Super Tigers off you again one of these days. The black and red tigers sound very tempting to but need to set up more tanks first :P

Hung

Just a little bit of information on my Tiger shrimps. I started off just like some of you, by purchasing stock from other breeders (mine were in the US) I initially didn't have much success with them due to the fact that my first batch was a little older and the females who were berried died after they gave birth. This left me with just juvies and babies...I had them in a 30 gallon tank and as you can imagine I could not even see them. I probably had about 30 of them at that time.

I decided I was going to put them into a smaller tank that way maybe I would be able to catch a glimpse of them more often. I fished out all of them and put them in a 12 gallon custom tank. I then purchased some new blood from 2 different people in the US that bred them, and added these to my stock, this now gave me roughly 50 give or take.

I lost a few here and there, but eventually the females became berried and I saw more and more babies on the front glass of my tank, so I knew that they liked the conditions in this tank and were happily reproducing!

I took out the very darkest ones that I could find and kept them in another 12 gallon tank to see if by breeding the darkest x darkest it would make any difference to the shade of blue I would get. The result was YES it did, I got some extremely dark ones, which I am keeping to breed to the Black Tigers I am getting from Germany next week.

The very dark blues produced more of the darker blue than the lighter ones did. Now some people don't care for the very dark almost black/blue color, they like the royal blue color because it shows the stripes more vividly. I myself like the Royal better, but I know that some people like the dark ones so I breed both now. I would really like to have the Royal blue one without the stripes, but as I am not up on genetics like a few others, I will just try my best at what I do...see what comes out of the pot LOL!

I will infuse new blood into my breeding program by purchasing from the US from outcrossed stock to keep the current stock in good health and not continually inbreeding, which can lead to health problems.

Some people do not believe that I have had this success with my shrimps, maybe because they didn't...who knows? There are always some people who will try to discredit your accomplishments because of jealousy or whatever! I just discount them as jealous, mean spirited people who have nothing better to do with their time.

In saying all of this I just want to show that IF I can be successful in breeding/keeping these Tiger shrimps....so can YOU! Its not ROCKET SCIENCE...you don't have to be a DR or are Science major or anything else, just an avid hobbyist.

I see already that Hung and a few others have success in populating their Tiger tanks already, so it can be done! Good Luck with your new Tigers.