Blue Tigers

AvianAquatics

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you all have great success with your OEBT's! I picked up some juvies from Anna back in March. They seem to be more active and mature faster than my CRS's. My first females from that group got berried last week. Going to see if i can increase the ratio of blonds vs blues by selectively breeding them.

Hung

Got my shipment this morning and they are getting comfortable in their new home after a lengthy drip acclimatization. Got a wide range of colours from hint of blue to dark blue and they are looking good.

Wow I'm excited. I got 1/2 blue and 1/2 blond, don't have enough money for all Blues boxed.gif

So what is your tank status at?

Edited by AvianAquatics

Wow I'm excited. I got 1/2 blue and 1/2 blond, don't have enough money for all Blues boxed.gif

So what is your tank status at?

So far so good. It's surprising how empty it seems, 30 shrimp in a 10 gallon hardly makes it look stocked at all.

Ron

Small fortune.

pH 7.4

Temp 71°F - 75°F (room temp)

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate ~0

GH 8°

KH 5°

I only estimated my hardness from a tap water test I did a while ago, I use half RO and half tap.

Ron

Ugh a RO filter is too costly for me. Mine are just going to be in plain, Calgary water... lets see how they do :(

Buy a 5 gallon jug of RO and keep your water changes to a minimum as Anna suggests. I need my RO for my CRS.

Here's a pic of a trio of OEBTs sharing a meal and a couple of my other blue shrimp....an Aura Blue

post-5043-0-61669300-1304475170_thumb.jpgpost-5043-0-82018700-1304475124_thumb.jpgpost-5043-0-16946400-1304475097_thumb.jpg

Nice photos Ron! The Blue Aura looks very nice!

I keep my OEBT's in the same parameters as my CRS's

pH 6.6

Temp 74°F

GH ~ 4°

KH 1°

I use pure R/O water and add MineralPlus until it is around 150-180ppm.

Seems to work alright so far, just saw that my third female OEBT got berried today, she was the last of my females, so all three of them got berried within a week or so. Debating whether to start mixing in tap water but I been hesitant to do so as long as they seem like they are doing well. Will see how things go once the shimplets hatch in a month or so.

I keep my SS CRS's are keep in the same parameters and the largest female finally got berried the other days as well. I think R/O water definitely helps for CRS, not sure if it would make a difference with OEBT's though. Many of the breeders in Germany use fairly hard tap water without any issues.