Blue Tigers

AvianAquatics

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hung! I'm planning another order from Frank in a month or so so I can get a couple tankmates for my lonely Aura Blue.

Anna has had good success breeding OEBTs so I tried to mimic her water parameters. When I move and have the extra room, I may set up a lower pH OEBT tank and see how it affects their breeding rate.

Quite honestly I didn't even know about Super Tigers till you mentioned it.......interesting.......NO.....I can't set up anymore tanks before I move or my wife is gonna kill me.

Ron

Wow amazing Aura Blues! But what is the difference between them and the Blue Pearls? Do these breed true?

And gl on the Super Tigers. When you google image them you'd get a bunch of different results.... I don't even know which ARE the Super Tigers anymore ;/

Super Tigers are usually characterize by having yellow heads & tails, thick, wide strips and are suppose to grow bigger than regular tiger shrimps. They are apparently come from a different river than regular tigers.

Imke summerizes it fairly well on one of her blog post

http://www.blue-tiger-shrimp.com/blog/supertiger-shrimp-grading/

I got some from Anna along with my OEBT's a while back. Unfortunately my heater went fizz and cooked most of them. The few i have left are all males i believe so i might put in anohter order with Anna one of these days.

Hung

Yep those are definetly the Super Tigers, just lots of people mislabel normal looking ones as "Super Tigers" and try to sell those as ones.

BTW are the ones you got from Anna look like the one on the link you posted? She told me that she mixes some of her Blues with those and get a blue ting.

The ones got are similar, but the yellow on the head and tail is not as intense. But all of them definitely got nice thick, solid strips. Definitely nicer than the regular tiger shrimps that I have seen.

Now that you mention it, it did notice one of my starting to develop a slight blue tint. lol

But from what she told me she is not the most selective breeder, at least when to comes to her tigers. I quite enjoy my super tigers though, they are always very active and not shy at all. I will see if i can get around to taking some photos of them one of these days.

Wow amazing Aura Blues! But what is the difference between them and the Blue Pearls? Do these breed true?

Thanks, I only have the one so far. Frank would only release one to me so I could try keeping it before he would sell me a group. He didn't want me to lose a bunch like I did with my SSS+ tank, thanks for looking out for me buddy ;). I do believe they breed true, they are relatively new to the hobby so there isn't much info out there on them. You would need to talk to Frank Jiang to get the scoop on them.

Now back to Super Tigers.......it may be time to hang another breeder box on a tank, that doesn't count as another tank, right? LOL

Ron

You lost your SSS+ shock.gif and I thought it was bad losing some of my Tigers!

Yeah I lost 7 SSS+ (Crowns and Flowers) and 1 SSS. It was weird too as my water parameters were bang on. I think it was the problem I had in all my tanks, too much flow blowing around the shrimp which in turn stressed them out.....live and learn.

Just got an email from Anna and she has more OEBT (including Blondes) available.

Edited by Ron

Are are the Blondes?

Are you asking what are Blondes? If so, Blondes are Tigers with orange eyes that don't show any blue but can produce blues so they are a cheaper way to build up a colony.

Edited by Ron

Just got an email from Anna and she has more OEBT (including Blondes) available.

shock.gif I thought I bought the last of her blonds..

Edited by AvianAquatics

Are are the Blondes?

Are you asking what are Blondes? If so, Blondes are Tigers with orange eyes that don't show any blue but can produce blues so they are a cheaper way to build up a colony.

Oops that was supposed to say "What are the blondes?"

So the OEBT don't breed true. Some will be blue some will be blondes?

Oops that was supposed to say "What are the blondes?"

So the OEBT don't breed true. Some will be blue some will be blondes?

Correct, but most breeders say their lines produce mostly Blues. I think if you breed 2 Blues together the odds of Blondes may be reduced.

shock.gif I thought I bought the last of her blonds..

Sorry re-read her email and she said “I will have more OEBTs and Blondes available” so I think she meant in the future.