Are My Geo's Finally Going To Give Me Some Eggs!

FISHLIPS

they are courting one another with breeding tubes exposed and digging a pit in a rock cave i made,they are also becoming territorial toward other fish

also i was wondering which sex of fish would be more likely to be doing most of the digging......i'm assuming the female would build the (nest) to her own liking

Edited by FISHLIPS

The female's breeding tube is more blunt and rounded; male's looks more pointed... if you're lucky, you'll actually get to see the spawn!

The female's breeding tube is more blunt and rounded; male's looks more pointed... if you're lucky, you'll actually get to see the spawn!

it will be their first spawn so i think they maybe inexperienced,they,ve been twithching,fanning one another and circling almost continuously.I built a enclosed cave with an opening just big enough for them to fit inside and now the glass is showing on the bottom do to 1 fish cleaning all the sand out.The fish that has done the cleaning seems way more focussed then the other and the breeding tube is way more visible...............quite the show they putting on

The one who's tube you can see more of is probably the female - their tubes tend to look bigger, IME.