Who Would Win

peckham125

no, it isn't 'oh well'. when you are responsible for the life of another living creature you are also responsible to ensure that the creature is taken care of to the utmost of your ability, and that includes researching as required to ensure the environment you provide for the creatures in your care is appropriate.

your the kind of kid that would put 4 woman with PMS in a car to Vancouver for a road trip in July and get in the car thinking there would be no fighting!

use your head buddy

Edited by 55gallon

Ohh you kids :)

Since ive retired from c*ck fighting (joke) i have a neutral view on this.....

It is true that it is bad to make animals fight..... this i agree with but when it comes to fish tanks..... Its a 50/50 that it is what it is....

Way way back i had a pair of oscars that lived fine together and one day i came home and one had zero scales....Toast.... I felt bad but it was an aquarists lesson and I think all preaditor keepers go through this at one time or another and some still try anyways on the off chance it may work out positive...

I keep arowanas together.... and thats a big risk as they are super territorial....almost always splitting tails, dropping scales... but the off chance i have a calm community of them is worth the risk to me and many others although it may seem mean to some i guess?

My snakehead.... LOL is a solitary fish indeed... but he lives with an asian arowana and catfish, pacu ect and other than the odd whack they all get along fairly well.... Had he killed them all I would feel and look like an a$$ but half this hobby with the preaditors anyways is making it work or learning an expensive lesson.

Thats my 2 bits anyways

what are your thoughts on feeder fish?....live food? specifically those who had issues with the fish fighting....

im not trying to justify anything just looking for opinions...I don't think personal attacks are necessary tho.

like hustler said its trial and error !

i tried, it failed so i separated them. whats the big deal !!

lets nail him to a cross !

I also believe in trial and error with some species. I have been a predatory fish keeper for some years and never really had any problems. At first i was told i couldn't have done what i did with some of my fish but it worked out.

I've kept rays with arowanas, Datnoids, Bichirs,silver dollars, Angel fish, and clown loaches in one tank and were talking large mature fish with no poblems for years....Some times you just have to try because you like the fish. I do not condone fighting between fish, but if everyone lived by this believe that agressive fish should not be kept together we wouldn't have cichlid tanks to enjoy.