Repairing a pond liner

Nyasa

With all the rain we have had the last little while the earth beside my pond gave way a bit and some rocks and a decorative water pump tumbled in to the pond punching a hole into the liner. I emptied water from the pond and as much as I could from under the liner. Now I have the task of patching it. Bought a patch kit and am waiting for things to dry up. It seems a lot like a bike tube patch kit. The liner needs to be cleaned and abraded and then apply the patch.

Has anyone ever used one of these before and how good are they?

Thanks, David.

Well i have no experience w/ that, but if it happens again. Go to a roofing supplystore they sell the same rubber as a liner. I beleive it is called a e.p.m.d. roofing system. *AKA rubber roof*

Anyways they should also sell a self adhesive tape that works awesome. The only prep work is to clean the liner, and it will last for years.

I was a hot tar roofer for 11 years so i know about this stuff, and it's worth a try next time.

• 2 weeks later...

J-Roc Do you know if the EPDM rubber roof is made by Firestone? The pond stuff is labelled pond and I heard different stories about rubber roofing being similar but leaching off chemical. I am sure it is probably cheaper than 22 dollars a linear foot that the pond stuff goes for. I guess I am throwing this up for anyone who can provide some insight. :D

Well I applied the patch and it seems to be holding well. It was a Beckett product and could also be used to repair epmd roofing it says. Time will tell how well these things work.

Thanks for the replies, David.