Daphnia And Green Water

I sent away for daphnia eggs, to get a live culture going, a while ago. In the interim I have been feeding frozen Daphnia. Little did I realize that there would be enough eggs in the frozen to get a nice little population going in my fish tank. Anyways, I have a wack of eggs now and would like to get an independent culture going. However, I need Green Water to feed them. I have read some ways to do it on the net but they seem to take a long while. Can anyone reccomend a relatively quick way to get a Green Water culture going? (please don't say go to a random pond and scoop water - I'm not putting an unkown quantity of anything in my tanks)

Thanks

green food coloring? maybe you can luck out and get some green water from some one on hear.

Green water is totally unneccessary. I dissolve 1 teaspoon of baker's yeast into a 710 ml. used Gatorade bottle and feed as much as they can consume in 12 hours. Of course how much you feed depends on the numbers in the culture. Do not feed again until the water is clear.

there you go if you want it green theirs still food coloring

Edited by 55gallon

Green water is totally unneccessary. I dissolve 1 teaspoon of baker's yeast into a 710 ml. used Gatorade bottle and feed as much as they can consume in 12 hours. Of course how much you feed depends on the numbers in the culture. Do not feed again until the water is clear.

Woo Hoo! A quick and easy solution. Thanks for the help! :)

The regular yeast works best for me not the type for breadmakers, its dirt cheap at Costcos

I bought spirulina flakes in bulk from Trident (next to Pricess Auto on west end) and just squeezed some wet flakes thru a brine shrimp net. Figured spirulina was a more nutritious food than yeast.