Blue Ram Hybrid Or Apisto Something?

Jayba

I have 2 of this fish in my tanks right now, there seems to be one male Ram and one female. The female has the blue shine where the black dot on a ram would be. Their body shape is ram but their coloration is way wrong. Any guesses? These were sold as Wild Caught Blue Rams. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. Jay

825067ae.jpg

Edited by Jayba

It looks like a wild ram, but saying it's a GBR is wrong. Yes, it's M. Ramerizi, but German Blues are a fixed form that was originally bred in Germany.

It looks like a wild ram, but saying it's a GBR is wrong. Yes, it's M. Ramerizi, but German Blues are a fixed form that was originally bred in Germany.

I believe the were sold as wild caught blue rams, sorry about the German part. But on the net, all the info I can find is that they should be as colorful as farmed Rams, if not more colorful. They obviously aren't.

Still look like blue rams to me. You may need to lower the hardness a bit, if they aren't in with fish that are bothering them.

They are alone with a small BN pleco, started with RO water today. See what happens I guess.

Harold seems to think they were called 'Red Rams'. Wish I could find a pic of a red ram