Here We Go Nls !

There will most likely be a significant improvement in color and breeding activity. But the quality of the food is only part of the equation - water quality, proper environments, genetics, etc are also important for maximum color

Like Jorg said, there are a ton of variables. Even going from flake to pellets may improve water quality in itself. Good foods do help. I am an advocate of NLS plus other foods for nutritional variety. Kind of like "Total cereal has 100% of what I need, in theroy, but I still eat a varied diet anyways" Neat experiment though. I tried it with rainbowfish just for shits and giggles

I have heard Aquarium Central. Keep in mind as soon as you open it it starts to degrade, so unless you can plow through it in a month or two, split the bucket or buy a smaller size. I think it's ok to freeze it as well to extend it's life a bit.

If you're on the Southside, Nature's Corner also carries pails at a great price.