Lessons Learned

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 year olds can lead to over feeding of fish. Every time Lauren walks past my yanks she God fish yums. Her way of telling me to feed

Weren't you banned on this site when your name was 55gallon????

You should have writen in you "what I've learned" section that clown puke comments get you banned.

:boxer:

• 3 months later...

Weren't you banned on this site when your name was 55gallon????

You should have writen in you "what I've learned" section that clown puke comments get you banned.

:boxer:

what a nosey person,anyways i just learned the other day that clove oil can be used as a slight sedative/pain killer in fish(just never add directly to the tank)

• 7 months later...

a few things i just did made me think of this old post.

1 do water changes when girlfriend is work you can lie about how much water you spilled.

2. do not put 2 hands in a full fluve tank you will be mopping up the water your girlfriend would yell at you for spilling

That sounds a lot better than sucking up sand through my syphon lol I'll give that a try, thank you smile.gif and I have the perfect stick like object to use...a drink stirring stick XD Should be good to use after a good wash. They're barely used...I usually just use a straw and suck up all the alcohol at the bottom >.> At least I already got the trumpet snails, though I could use a handful more...they don't breed fast enough lol

hey man, I have sand in my tank too. I vac it thoroughly once in a while. all you have to do is pinch the hose on your vac snake (like when you want to stop a garden hose) and then slowly open it up so it flows slowly through and it will turn the sand in the tube part but not bring it through.

just a tip :)

hey man, I have sand in my tank too. I vac it thoroughly once in a while. all you have to do is pinch the hose on your vac snake (like when you want to stop a garden hose) and then slowly open it up so it flows slowly through and it will turn the sand in the tube part but not bring it through.

just a tip :)

I never thought of that! I don't suck up too much sand now that I know what I'm doing with it. In the smaller more plant crowded tanks I have to worry about sucking plants up more than the sand lol Slowing down the flow may prevent that, thanks :)

Oh and another tip...don't leave a bag of algae wafers where your 4 year old can reach them. The light on her 3g was off cause there was too much algae growth, so I didn't notice that she had dumped a handful of the wafers in...I found out when the tank started to smell...not a fun mess to clean up. Had to dump the whole thing...her snail was dead too. On the plus side, now I'll be setting up a nicer 5g for her.

Edited by DragonNeko

Oh and another tip...don't leave a bag of algae wafers where your 4 year old can reach them.

Also remember to put the cap back on fish food containers. My dog had a expensive snack when he ate a full container of NLS I left on the bottom shelf of my stand. This also applies to anywhere if you have cats :P

Oh and another tip...don't leave a bag of algae wafers where your 4 year old can reach them.

Also remember to put the cap back on fish food containers. My dog had a expensive snack when he ate a full container of NLS I left on the bottom shelf of my stand. This also applies to anywhere if you have cats :P

wow really!

im assuming the dog was normal and such after eating the NLS right?

its prettymuch all natural ingredients in NLS

so i have just discovered seachem Excel to the eye sucks.

Agh yes,I was in the same boat last night.

But 20 mins of eye washing and I'm good as new.

No need to call poison control like the bottle says.......the lady I spoke to was not very helpful lol

Quote ''just read the bottle and tell me the ingredients"

Lol easier said than done

so i have just discovered seachem Excel to the eye sucks.

Agh yes,I was in the same boat last night.

But 20 mins of eye washing and I'm good as new.

No need to call poison control like the bottle says.......the lady I spoke to was not very helpful lol

Quote ''just read the bottle and tell me the ingredients"

Lol easier said than done

you can pull msds from there web site i did