Does Buying/aquiring Fish Make You Happy?

I feel spoiled today as I came home with more fish than normal...

I picked up 2 breeding size farlowellas (or at least what I consider breeding size), 1 longfin albino bristlenose pleco, 1 South American puffer, 4 pea puffers, 2 more Decorus Catfish, and 7 Apistogramma Incas. I don't normally come home with so many fish, but today for some reason I was in the mood! And it makes me happy to bring them home...so this is what addiction feels like eh? LOL

I would have to say yes, as everytime I bring home new fish - purchased or aquired my nephews (5 and 2 1/2) faces light up with joy and stare at them for hours with me. I also get to teach them about the new fish and if its a species we already have (like my slight addiction to angels) - they tell me about it and then run off to name it...

aside from that, I'm always exitied and thrilled personally to get new little (or big) fishes... like a growing family... only the fish dont talk back...

PS - grats on the neew additions

Yes, I too love bringing new fish home. Even if its just something small, such as the 5 assassin snails and 3 new plants i brought home a couple days ago. Just leaves me sitting in front of my tanks for even longer periods of time watching everything interact with each other.

I would have to say yes, as everytime I bring home new fish - purchased or aquired my nephews (5 and 2 1/2) faces light up with joy and stare at them for hours with me. I also get to teach them about the new fish and if its a species we already have (like my slight addiction to angels) - they tell me about it and then run off to name it...

aside from that, I'm always exitied and thrilled personally to get new little (or big) fishes... like a growing family... only the fish dont talk back...

PS - grats on the neew additions

Gotta love it when little ones take an enthusiasm to our hobby! The day a fish talks back to us...is the day we all sit around and talk baby talk to the tank...oh wait...FCG, don't you already do that?? LOL j/k "Here fishy, fishy, fishy..." lol

I too love bringing home fishies. If we had a better fishy shop I know I would have more. Unfortunatly my hubs is home and I am having an intervention. I can't wait till he goes back to work. LOL!!!

Ya, my husband tried the intervention thing, got us down to one tank from like 7, and now i'm back up to 10 now! Just brought home a 10th one last night!!

absolutely. It brings me joy when I see the fish swimming happily in my tank.

When I 'm sad or stressed out..and I see my 'innocent' fish, it warms my heart again :& . If I could bring fish home as many as I want..I would :smokey:

So..lucky you, can bring more fish home :thumbup.gif

When I win the lottery, i'm building a house on top of the ocean with a glass floor (saw pics of it when I searched the French Parisian!) lol

Every fish of mine brings me joy. Even better is when I get to trade with you Cate LOL!

Awww...thanks! Back at ya! hahaha...Trades rock! ;)