Good Website On Caring For Plants

FishGalore

hi iv seen a few planted aquariums that look mighty good & wouldn't mind trying it out , so was wondering if anyone knows of a good website that will explain, give me tips, setups, growth, lighting, chemicals, oxygen, sand or gravel ect just need to be loaded with info before i even start converting

thanks

Oh also i might add that along with having a planted tank, i want plecos & driftwood, so if you could throw some info my way from your own experience on what plecos are good with plants & what plants are good.

(135 gal, 2 x fluval 404 & a really powerfull airpump)

Edited by FishGalore

your black shark in there is likely to uproot any plants you put in, IMO.

im in the process of finding him / her a new home. (via trade or sell, if anyones interested)

do you think that a royal clown knife would be ok in a planted tank ?

Edited by FishGalore

Planting a 135 gallon would be so awesome! With all that room the possibilities are endless! ham.gifham.gif

I have a 110 gallon long and have plans to turn it into a planted angel tank, beautiful fish and beautiful plants!

I imagine the biggest expense will be the co2 system.

Edited by nanmer

I had a 135 heavily planted tank for a number of years. I used three twin T12 (240w total light output), playsand, an fX5 for filtration and an AC802 or MaxiJet1200 to disperse CO2 - ran about 5 bubbles/sec. And I used the Estimative Index method of fertilization. I grew everything in that tank. Had a nice carpet of Glosso for a while; any stem plant I wanted (except Alternanthera - I can never get that one to grow).

When going w. Older tech bulbs, you have to change them more often - te T12s were every 6 months. T8s are every year. T5s I run til they die.