Hello Fellow Ray Keepers In Alberta

mattpf

i will introduce my self i am matt have been keeping rays since 2003-04 i know have 8 currently in two tanks going.one is a 300 gallon system in which i have tiger and flower rays in,and in the basement have a 1300 gallon tank and contians 6 large black rays,henlei and black diamonds

hiya Matt, I'm Stan and while I don't have nearly what you have for rays I do have a male motoro in a 260gal. he has tons of personality and is quite social and friendly. If I had my druthers I would own several pearl and leopoldi rays as those are my favs. perhaps at the end of summer i may get my chance..

cheers

yes you will have a chance because their are a few black rays starting to breed.i have seen one of my males going nuts for the female but she seems to overpower him at every attempt.i was thinking of splitting the males and females up and throwing a female into the males tank see if that would help.he is around the females all the time ,maybe he needs to want it more!! and my other males only two years old and shown no interest yet!

heres a link to my youtube channel take a look heres some of my rays,my favorites now are the flower and tiger got them trained on smelts and shrimp and tiger will take a few discus pellets.

• 3 months later...

I figure I might as well say hello! I am Tyler new to the site and fairly new to keeping rays. I currently have 3 motoro's and love them! Wanted stingrays ever since I first went swimming with them in the Caribbean ocean.thumbup.gif

Edited by TylerG

I figure I might as well say hello! I am Tyler new to the site and fairly new to keeping rays. I currently have 3 motoro's and love them! Wanted stingrays ever since I first went swimming with them in the Caribbean ocean.thumbup.gif

Welcome to the site.

I have 4 motoros and 4 retics. OH and of course 8 new motoro pups! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm new to this site. Fell in love with Rays when I moved here from Ottawa. I had never seen a freshwater ray before. In september I got 3 rays; 2 motoro's and a retic. I am hooked for sure, and very much enjoying the rays. Just set up a 200 gallon this past week for them.

• 2 months later...