Holes In Red Plants Pail Leafs

laurensdad

so in my 2 tanks all my green plants are doing amazing but all my red plants have holes in them and leafs are dieing and are pail. Any ideas what is wrong high light high co2 tanks ill add photos hear in a bit.

Edited by laurensdad

Are you fertilizing with anything?

I had a similar problem. My plants looked ok but then I added a pink plant and within a week or so it starting showing tiny holes with yellow edges in the older leaves. From doing a bit of research it sounded like potassium deficiency to me. Started upping my potassium and its doing better.

IMG_20110709_211501.jpgIMG_20110709_211510.jpgIMG_20110709_211531.jpgIMG_20110709_211538.jpgIMG_20110709_211549.jpgIMG_20110709_211559.jpg

i dose the full line of seachem ferts and i also have root tabs in both tanks. i have been out of town and not dosing as much as i should i did potassium and iron tonight my tanks got there firs water changes in over 3 weeks maybe 4 i tested my water and all the test kits in both tanks came back nil

Edited by laurensdad

Its pretty common to have issues with the plant you have...Some will tell you more light...Some will say potassium...I dosed heavy ei and still had issues..The only thing that solved my problem was co2....I found the plant actually grew better when shaded as well...

i think i might try some root tabs under them and see if that helps just strange it is doing it in 2 different tanks

Stem plants feed mostly from the water column. So you'd be better off dosing the water. Root tabs can't hurt but liquid ferts will work better in this case.

If you already have high light and Co2 then you need to work on your fertilizing. Pink plants are hard to keep healthy and looking nice.

I don't think I've seen many people keep Alternanthera reinikkii looking nice. I've never been able to keep it, and my sister who's a noob can grow it, but it never looks like it did when it came from the store. I have a feeling that they're usually grown emmersed.

The influence has a pic on here of one of his tanks..He has some of the healthiest Alternanthera R. ive ever seen..Im not sure what his secret is..

A defiency doesn't make sense to me since its such a slow grower. defeciencies usually show up on faster growing stem plants.

it has done amazing till not i got it in may. in my 75 gallon it has 216w of T5ho and allot of co2. it as been growing relatively strong till now it has no shade in my tank it has a tends to grow up and out of the gap in the back of my tank. the plant has been cut in 1/2 probably 4 or 5 times and replanted .

tank 2 . 27 gallon cube is a bit lower light it has 32w of t5ho on it and a strip of led's that came with the tank. and allot of co2 as well the green plants are choking out the light in the tank and providing allot of shade though out the tank. but the plant was going strong.

both tanks looked good till about a week or so ago maybe w weeks. heck 3 weeks ago i was going to sell timings off the plant.