Tank Builders In Calgary Or Edmonton

Yeaulman

I am looking for someone who manufactures tanks at a reasonable price. Looking for a 90g with black trim and black silicone. I know the black silicone takes a lot longer to do but its worth it in my mind.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great...

Thanks

I've seen a few tanks by concept aquatics and they are beautiful. Haven't heard bad things about them like I have other builders.

Also if you can find Jay who used to work for Elite aquatics.... he does beautiful work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Someone said that B & I aquariums sometimes is slow. If coming from out of town and he said the tanks were ready.... they were not even built yet. Has anyone ever had this kind of service or problem?

I am a little leery.

I just took a 220 gal to B & I (now called Bow Valley Aquariums). We just moved here from out East, and the tank unfortunately sprung a leak and then actually broke the seal! Anyway, it was a rush deal as I had the fish to keep alive, and they did a great job. They do come across as kind of disorganized, but they did a really impressive job on the tank, replacing the front piece with a new starfire glass piece. They completely tore it down, stripped all the sealant, resealed it with the new glass, and put in new side pieces, top and euro bracing. I wanted to keep my background attached to the back, as it took so long to build, and they accomodated that as well. I would not hesitate to recommend their workmanship, as long as you are patient.

Just curious I have a 220 outside with a cracked front panel. What did they ding you for the repair and what was the difference to upgrade to starfire ?

Just curious I have a 220 outside with a cracked front panel. What did they ding you for the repair and what was the difference to upgrade to starfire ?

I paid $500. But that was also to pick it up and deliver it about 50kms away from his shop. new starfire front and two new sides. They replaced almost the whole tank except for the back. The black silicone looks really impressive with the starfire glass.

I paid $500. But that was also to pick it up and deliver it about 50kms away from his shop. new starfire front and two new sides. They replaced almost the whole tank except for the back. The black silicone looks really impressive with the starfire glass.

With the pick-up and delivery included it sounds like a reasonable price

• 3 months later...

I know this is an older thread but if you decide to go with Bow Valley, BE VERY CAREFUL!!!. If you can get past the poor attitude towards his customers I guess he does do good work. The only thing I didn't like about my tank was that there was a 2" long scratch on the front panel that was undetectable until I had it home and water in it. Didn't bother going back to complain because earlier I had so much trouble convincing him that he gave me the wrong size bulkheads (which he did) that he'd probably say that I put the scratch in it.