Help Me Apistogramma

Sprucegruve

I had 2 males 4 female wildcaught apistogramma euntous.

Just got home,1 male 1 female are dead.

And there is baby fish swimming around.

I have taken out 1 female to prevent her from getting picked on.

I plan on keeping the breeding pair in re tank with a school of rummynose tetras.

This is their first time spawning,their too aggressive.

What do I do?

I put sponge filter on the filters intakes.

And I fed powdered food, and live food.

Need help thanks in advance.

ok so lets add more info here

i have added more driftwood and clay pots in the past couple days,and put in some taller/bushy plants

even with ridicules amounts of hiding places the breeding pair wont stop pestering the other female euntous

at the moment i have 1 male and 2 females in the tank(i took out the other female earlier)

Im trying to figure out which female he mated with so i don't take the wrong female out.

basically at this point i just need to know if the tetras and plecos can be in the tank with the fry

edit- spelling mistakes

Edited by Sprucegruve

the un educated guess would be no get the other fish out . but the mom and dad might keep the other fish away it is a hard call. i have seen tanks with baby's in them with lots of other fish you could roll the dice and might get lucky with them in there. would it stress mom and dad out if there friends disrepair ? then they kill the young?

The tetras and the plecos should be OK in the tank. The female eunotus that has spawned should be a bright yellow with black markings, the other shouldn't be as brightly colored. The second female should be removed from the tank.

WC apistos are generally great parents, so they won't eat their kids. The rummynose will start picking off the fry once they start to leave the nest.

i appreciate the help everyone.

i have the breeding male and female apistos alone(besides the plecos), no more tetras in a 55 gal with lots of filtration(intake is covered with filter foam)

this should be a great setup right?, well at least untill the babies get big and need to be separated.

i hope their good parents

I've raised a spawn of Apistos in a 10 gal to 1" while the parents were still in the tank, so a 55 gal should do well. :)