Fall Auction

[auction, what auction, for fish??,

quote name=fairdeal' timestamp='1314129023' post='2246153]

Anybody have any idea on approximately when the fall auction might take place? Calgary's is Oct.2 - assume a few weeks after that?

Macdre you need to join one of the two aquarium clubs. Heck join em both., They each have two auctions a year I believe.(cgy and edm) Ive been to a handful of the edmonton ones. They are hit or miss when it comes to finding certain fish. But they are always fun. Plus Harold is usually there so I grab some fish off him too. BTW u dont need to be a member of either club to attend and bid on fish. Ity is also easy to auction your own fish, I think u need to be a member for that though! Lots of members from both cities here that could fill u in.

The Calgary and Edmonton Club run two auctions a year, fall and spring. If you want to sell items in the auction you do need to be a member (don't have to be a member of both clubs as each club will allow other aquarium club members to sell in their auctions). If you want to buy, then all you have to do is bring money and spend it all. Hope this helps some.

BTW I will probably post the date of the Edmonton auction once I find out when it is.

[thats awesome, unfortunately im dead locked in red deer i'll have to check it out

quote name=PistolPete' timestamp='1314134808' post='2246157]

Macdre you need to join one of the two aquarium clubs. Heck join em both., They each have two auctions a year I believe.(cgy and edm) Ive been to a handful of the edmonton ones. They are hit or miss when it comes to finding certain fish. But they are always fun. Plus Harold is usually there so I grab some fish off him too. BTW u dont need to be a member of either club to attend and bid on fish. Ity is also easy to auction your own fish, I think u need to be a member for that though! Lots of members from both cities here that could fill u in.

Anybody have any idea on approximately when the fall auction might take place? Calgary's is Oct.2 - assume a few weeks after that?

The A.C.E. fall auction will be Sun. Oct 23 at High Park Community Hall, 11034 154st. Like Ray says, anyone can buy but only members of a aquarium club can sell, sometimes we also get sellers from the Sask. clubs or the Winnipeg club. Deliveries start at 9 am, viewing from 10 till 11 am and auction starts at 11am. Please bring cash as no cheques are accepted. Club membership is only $25 per year and can be purchased at the door but seller lots must be booked with Michael Pham our auction coordinator as soon as possible. P.M. me for his email address if you dont have it. We have a 500 lot max. that we try to stick to, a basic 20 lots for each member at first and any extra lots over that will be handed out on a first come first served basis, so book as soon as possible.

Thank you and hope to see you at our auction.

Eugene

A.C.E. president

Edited by Catmandu

So you let people from winnipeg and saskatchewan sell but not Calgary?? Do you have something against them or their superior football team?? :chair:

I have always considered selling at the auction, but does the seller have to remain until the end of the auction?

I live two hours out of town and October and especially March are notorious for dropping last minute blizzards, about half of the time I have had to leave early to get home safely.

I have always considered selling at the auction, but does the seller have to remain until the end of the auction?

I live two hours out of town and October and especially March are notorious for dropping last minute blizzards, about half of the time I have had to leave early to get home safely.

It is my understanding that as a seller you don't have to stay - cheques are mailed to you after the 30% is deducted from your sales total for the ACE portion.

As a buyer and you want to or need to leave early you have the option of "bumping" a lot you are interested in for a twoonie.

It is my understanding that as a seller you don't have to stay - cheques are mailed to you after the 30% is deducted from your sales total for the ACE portion.

As a buyer and you want to or need to leave early you have the option of "bumping" a lot you are interested in for a twoonie.

Thanks Harold, I just didn't know if the seller had to stay in order to collect their money.

I assume 20 lots means 20 items/bags?

Thanks Harold, I just didn't know if the seller had to stay in order to collect their money.

I assume 20 lots means 20 items/bags?

Thats right Crystal